Everyone at some point wonders how much weight gain is healthy during pregnancy. While, you want to give into cravings and that “eat for two” myth you also don’t want to turn into a small whale (OR A MEDIUM OR LARGE ONE 😉 )
When you feel like you fancy something sweet try to go for a healthy dessert, today we have a perfect recipe that will ease the weight gain guilt but make you grin from ear to ear!
Walnut Banana Pudding
Bananas serve as a base and give body to many smoothies; similarly they can work their magic in puddings to thicken and bind, while adding something sweet.
• 1½ cup walnuts, soaked in water overnight, then drained
• 1 ripe banana, broken into pieces
• ½ cup water
• ¾ cup coconut sugar
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• ½ teaspoon vanilla powder (see note below)
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon salt
1. In a blender, combine all the ingredients and blend from low to high speed until silky smooth, stopping to scrape the sides of the machine once or twice.
2. Transfer to a container, cover, and refrigerate for a couple of hours to firm up.
3. Spoon into dessert bowls and serve.
*Note: I used vanilla powder rather than vanilla extract because vanilla powder is alcohol- free and available in its raw state; you can find it in some natural food stores.
How did you like this dessert? Let me know in the comments below