I’m working on my booty and abs – these two body parts have been the weakest since FOREVER.
I mean I am honestly known by people for thinking I just was not born with abs 😛 and once a guy asked me if I had a nice ass and to describe it (online dating people, these are the questions we are faced with >.< ) I proceeded to explain that while it was grabable it was also pancake like…. ahh dear!
So I am squatting like my life depends on it and it is not something I find easy, I have the coordination of a banana and the balance of jelly lol. So I did a little research and my squat game is improvinnggg, thought I would share a few tips and tricks.
- Stand straight with feet shoulder-width apart.
- Toes should be pointed forward and engage your core by sucking your belly button into your spine.
- Slowly bend your knees and lower yourself to the ground as if to sit in a chair position.
- Stop when your thighs are parallel with the floor.
- Push back up through your heels, exhaling at the same time.
- I found it easy in the beginning to put a chair behind me and go to almost sit into it, not entirely but just so my bottom cheeks slightly touch then right back up again.
- If you are using the smiths machine to squat, take a step and a bit forward so your legs are in front of you that way when you squat your spine will be straight.
Hope this helps, if you have any more tips please share I would love to learn more.